SEO: What It Is & How it Can Benefit You
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of tuning your website to be more competitive with search engines. The goal to have a better position in natural search results of a search conducted online through Google. This is really important if you want your website to be found by potential clients. The higher your website appears on search results, the more visitors to your site, the greater the level of sales generated for your business. Potential customers use search engines to find sites that sell the same products or services as your site. Highly optimised sites will appear first and non-optimised sites will be relegated to a lower position, and your potential customers may not see your site at all. The goal is to get your company listed on Page 1 of Google search results for terms related to your business.
There are two types of SEO: organic and local. Organic SEO is where your site ranks at the top of the organic or natural search results, and local is where your site ranks in Google Local directory entries which are integrated in the organic listings for location specific keywords or phrases.
Here is an overview of the process for our SEO Packages that we offer:
1. Keyword Research: This is where we conduct research to find out which phrases people are typing into Google that are relevant to your business. We focus on the applicable terms and filter out irrelevant ones. We then ask for your input to provide us with the ones you want us to focus on the most.
2. On-Page SEO: We analyse your site design and content, and make recommendations that will help improve your ranking with Google.
3. Off-Page SEO: This part of the process is vital, and is done gradually, on a month by month basis, to achieve higher rankings for your target keywords Google monitors a whole range of factors that together determine where and why a website ranks for a certain keyword, some of which are in our control. We use this to our advantage. We have a vast array of tools at our disposal, the main one being Backlink generation. A good Backlink is a link from another high ranking web page/site on the Internet to your site.
4. Google Local SEO: This is targeted at your local market, and involves setting up, optimising, and checking your Google Local Places account. Local SEO involve link building and other factors which are executed differently from the classical SEO.
It is advisable to have a Google Local SEO Package and an Organic SEO Package running concurrently to gain the maximum benefits from both.
The number of SEO Packages that you choose to sign up for is entirely your choice. The more packages you sign up for, the more time we can dedicate to your project, and the likelihood is that you will be able to observe both better and quicker results. The minimum term is 6 months for our SEO packages - this is so we can observe meaningful progress with your keyword rankings.
the Internet Marketing Company have an experienced and dedicated SEO team, who use up to the minute techniques to stay ahead. Our SEO clients enjoy watching their competitors websites continue to fall rapidly after every new Google Algorithm Update, whilst they themselves remain in the coveted uppermost rankings, benefiting from a constant supply of converting traffic to their websites.
Included in our website development packages the following will be set up, or brought across if already in existence and accessible:
- Google Analytics - creating a google account and embedding the Google tracking code onto your website enabling you to better understand who your customers are and within what locations they reside. Measure and see first hand how effective your Online marketing efforts are doing across your social media interactions.
- Google Webmaster Tools - this Google service is vital to ensure Google quickly keeps track of changes/additions to your site as well as reporting on any unusual activities that may affect your site’s position on Google.
- Google Local Places - an optimised Google Local page will greatly improve your site’s visibility on local Google searches.